Vacancy Announcement: Family/community Nursing Care Specialist
Health for All Project (HAP) is funded by Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). Its overall goal is that the Albanian population, benefit from better health due to improved primary health care services. As of 1 April 2019, HAP entered the second phase implemented by Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) through HAP Centre.
In Albania, citizens and patients namely in rural areas have more limited access to Primary Health Care (PHC) services due to imperfect availability of services, lower quality of care and financial costs, in some cases. The home-based care is under-developed while the role of nurse in dealing with non-communicable disease is ill defined. Improved primary healthcare services (among others by more competent nurses) and home-based care can lead into more frequent use of quality health services and translating into higher satisfaction of user and health of people covered. Moreover, MoHSP is putting increased emphasis on integration of health and social services and new roles will be elaborated for nurses and other members of PHC teams.
During Phase 2, HAP will work with its partners and stakeholders to emphasize the role of nurses in the primary healthcare sector. On this regard, HAP will (I) update job profiles of PHC personnel with the purpose of task shifting between physicians and nurses, II) elaborate new models of health service provision (home-based care) and (III) develop a professional master’s in family/community nursing (to be offered by the Faculty of Technical Medical Sciences).
Therefore, HAP is looking for motivated and high professional applicants for the position of “Family/community nursing care specialist”
The Family/community nursing care specialist works with HAP team and partners’ staff to: support updating job profiles of PHC nurses with the purpose of task-shifting between physicians and nurses; support the education and professional development of family nurses in the primary healthcare sector with a specific focus on ensuring nurses are equipped with the relevant competences to provide community/home-based care service and NCD prevention and control; support the design, development and provision of the new Master program in community/family nursing.
Information regarding the duties and responsibilities (Job Description) can be found HERE
Required qualifications and experiences
- University degree in nursing, preferably from a Western European or North American university. Master/M.Sc. diploma in nursing from a Western European or North American University will be highly advantaged. Post-graduate diplomas obtained online will not be considered.
- Minimum experience of 10 years as a family/community nurse in PHC, with clinical experience and skills;
- At least 5-year experience in the nursing teaching and/or trainer experience included;
- Excellent nursing technical/clinical skills;
- Very good understanding of health system organisation and in particular of primary health care system in Albania
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Albanian;
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and willingness to travel to project areas;
Interested candidates should submit the following within the application dateline:
- Cover letter clearly explaining your motivation for applying for the position and how you meet the position criteria;
- Detailed CV
- Scanned or copies of diplomas, degrees of academic achievements
- List of 3 references with contact details. Reference from the candidate’s postgraduate / Master school program teachers/tutors would be highly evaluated.
Application should be sent by email to the address email@example.com, with subject “Application for Family/community Nursing Care Specialist Vacancy” by 30th May 2019.
*only short-listed candidates will be informed