Prof. Kaspar Wyss, HAP Director and Deputy Director of Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, accompanied by Dr. Besim Nuri, Project Manager and Dr. Ehadu Mersini, Quality of Care Officer, visited Patos HC on May 25th, 2021. Patos HC is among the HCs in Albania that is being supported by HAP on several interventions:
– progress toward the accreditation of the healthcare center
– piloting of home-based care services
– use of updated clinical protocols and guidelines on NCDs in primary healthcare settings. The documents have been recently updated with HAP support
– implementation of appointment system
– updated profiles of nurses
During the visit, HAP representatives discussed with Dr. Albiona Lamaj, HC Manager and Patos HC team on different aspects of each intervention.